Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Erie

Today marked the beginning of my driving, and I'm easing into things as I meander my way to Akron, Ohio, which is about four hours from Niagara.  I made a stop earlier at Erie State Park in New York, then followed the lakeshore to Erie, Pennsylvania.

Currently, I'm sitting in the Erie Maritime Museum, commemorating the Battle of Lake Erie from the War of 1812. Outside floats the brig Niagara (can't seem to get away from that name). I'm waiting for a tour to take me on board her. It's a nice little museum with a great view of the natural harbor.

When I get to Akron, I plan on taking it easy since I have a long drive to Chicago tomorrow. Before I leave Ohio, I'm going to pay a visit to the Kent State University Museum to look at their historical clothing. Education abounds on this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment